2013-10-18

Hunting for Art

After having finished the MIXED PIXELS exhibition and the opening of Dream of India it is now time to visit some places to blog.


A few days ago I have been invited for a preview of "Technochory", a collaborative exhibtion of Bryn Oh and Sina Souza. With the given landing spot I found myself under under water in a nice landscape.


The show was announced as to be placed in "The Station Skywalk Gallery", so I obviously was wrong and my odyssey started.  The sim ist greatly designed and has many interesting features and vehicles.


On arrival at the sky platform I was still unsure where to go. I saw a club, a fun ride and I jumped into the train. No gallery! To give you a hint: Try to find an entrance to the walkways under the rails. As much as I like the place it is sometimes annoying when the sim owners do not help the visitors to find places.


About the installation: Technochory is a collaborative exhibit based on the concept of seed dispersal similar to Myrmecochorty which is the dispersion of seeds by ants.  The difference being a future where the plant is a fragile resource with humans as its caretakers.


The small fragile plant, built by Bryn Oh is the heartwarming center of Bryn's build and Sina's images as a moving symbol of nature. Excellent!

Technochory by Bryn Oh and Sina Souza at The Station Skywalk Gallery
Opening  October 20th at 10 AM SLT

Taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Station/128/128/3
Correct landing spot for the gallery: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Station/162/195/1028


2 comments:

Kara Trapdoor said...

Ah Quan, thanks for visiting! I'm so glad you enjoy the sim and the exhibit. The LM issue on that note was my mistake as I sent it to you when I caught you online but haven't passed it out publicly yet since the exhibit opens Sunday and I DID have the wrong SLurl along with a correct direct LM link so you got the long explore version I guess. I hope you enjoyed it all as much as I do and am glad you found your way to the exhibit. Fixing the note card now before I do a mass invite spam. Thanks again for blogging it!

Lucy said...

Good to know, Kara. Thank you! And yes, the place is definitely worth to be explored. It's greatly built and has much fun for the visitors.