2013-08-21

Motown in Second Life


Yesterday I went to check a Jazz themed exhibition by well known artist Bonafidenutts Aries. As so often I had no idea where I landed but luckily Bona saw me coming and invited me to check out the sim Detroit. At the opposite side I found him at Motown Records. The studio has been rebuilt by him in perfection to the tiniest details.


Talking with Bona he impressed me with his huge knowledge about the history of Motown. To me it was more a factory of great and timeless music. But he opened my eyes to the important role of this studio in the American social and political history. In the attached building you find a small gallery. The current exhibition is dedicated to Marvin Gaye. At the upper floor visitors can post their personal stories around Motown.


See here a short documentary on the social influence of Motown:



Bona told me that next show is planned as a tribute to the Supremes. Also gowns will be created as their style was trend setting. I don't want to miss that too.

Taxi to the gallery: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Detroit%20City/100/209/23
Taxi to Motown: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Detroit%20City/216/100/23

No comments: