2013-02-02

Sneak Preview: Yooma Mayo and Pixels Sideways

Today is a busy day, not only for me. besides the opening of the LEA Festival, Split Screen reopens with 2 artists, that should not be missed and Art India Gallery, curated by me, opens today a new exhibition  but I come to that in a later post.

Dividni Shostakovich is one of the best curators in SL, His exhibitions are always a must:

PIXELS SIDEWAYS: "Afterlife"


 I had a brief look at her installation an was a-maze-d by the variety of her works. You will understand what I mean.

Pixels was busy cleaning up when I caught her ;)
From her note card: "Calling this exhibition Afterlife solved the issue of coming up with a catchy and pretentiously apropos artsy name.  :-)
The concept behind Afterlife continues to shift and change, in much the same way each individual interprets the meaning of "afterlife" in their own context of existence.
My context of Afterlife is all over the map...
...and open for interpretation.
More specifically, Afterlife is a journey through my imagination which is in a constant state of loco-motion."



Many works are interactive and have sounds. Have you sound on and play around!


YOOMA MAYO: "Yes, Giovanni"


To be honest, I did not get the title. But never mind, the works are amazing as always.



Maybe you have a chance to find out for yourself at the OPENING today at 3 PM SLT with DJ  Isabelle Mavendorf.

Taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beleza/36/219/1501


No comments: